The BW NICE Internship Program
Why an internship with BW NICE is an investment in your future:
- Gain real-world experience in a non-profit organization.
- Networking opportunities at BW NICE meetings open doors to professionals with a wide variety of business experiences, resources, and references.
- Build your resume with strong skills and work experiences. Employers are likely to hire someone with internship and work experience rather than someone with a generic resume, lacking experience.
- You will find opportunities to give back and support local charities through BW NICE annual fundraising events.
The following description is a generic overview and gives a feel for what is expected of a BW NICE intern. Specific jobs, when available, will be posted at your school and also listed below by chapter and semester.
The intern will report to the BW NICE chapter president. Internships generally involve a combination of on-site meetings and virtual meetings. The intern will serve on the executive leadership committee at a local chapter and learn the operations of a non-profit board.
Each BW NICE chapter president will have specific needs depending on the semester. Check your school internship description to learn the specific projects planned and determine the meeting dates for the semester you are planning to apply. General tasks are listed below:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist with coordinating special events as assigned.
- Assist with executing event day activities.
- Run various errands related to event planning.
- Assist with drafting press releases and promotions.
- Assist with outreach utilizing Constant Contact and Social Media.
Web page design/maintenance
- As needed per semester.
Enrolled in a 2- or 4-year college working toward an associate or bachelor’s degree, entering their junior or senior year. Excellent computer skills including familiarity with Microsoft Office programs, social media, and knowledge of Constant Contact email marketing. Good verbal and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Each semester, intern descriptions are listed at your college career/internship center. Be sure to connect with your college internship coordinator to confirm credit for the internship and send any requirements to your BW NICE supervisor.
- BW NICE internships will also be listed here by chapter and semester.
How to Apply
- Send your cover letter and resume to the chapter contact as listed on the BW NICE Internship description at your college.
- BW NICE Corporate Internship Summer 2019
- BW NICE Lehigh Valley Internship Summer 2019
- BW NICE Monroe County Internship Summer 2019
- BW NICE Union County Internship Summer 2019
About BW NICE
BW NICE consists of two entities – Business Women Networking, LLC (BWN, LLC) and BW NICE, Inc.
Business Women Networking, LLC is our for-profit multi-member LLC with oversight for both entities. The LLC manages all Chapter activities including chapter expansion, charity partners, fundraising activities such as our flagship event, The Red Shoe™, and any other chapter events that help promote the mission and vision of BW NICE.
BW NICE, Inc. is our registered nonprofit 501 (c) (3) corporation. BW NICE, Inc. Board of Trustees provides oversight for all charitable fundraising activities, including our annual charity fundraising event, The Red Shoe™. Each Chapter provides charitable fundraising activities on behalf of and under the discretion of BW NICE, Inc.
Learn more about BW NICE’s Mission and Vision as we support victims and raise awareness of domestic violence and sexual assault.
For questions contact:
Dr. Carol-Anne Minski, BW NICE Director Corporate Mentor and Internship Programs